UKAS and Indicative Testing
Nico are pleased to announce that we now have a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No 9458. This laboratory is accredited to test to BS EN 6375 Pts 1, 2 & 3 and PAS024:2016. Nico have indicatively tested windows for many years but believe the importance of UKAS tested product in the market place has never been higher. Fully independent testing ( at the appropriately named ‘Window Test Centre’ ) is available for Nico customers and systems companies. The full scope of accredited testing is available on the UKAS website www.ukas.com and from the Nico technical department ( 01255 422333 ).
We can offer testing to:
- PAS24:2016 Enhanced Security Performance requirements for doorsets and windows in the UK
- BS 6375-2:2009 Performance of windows and doors
- BS EN 1935:2002 Building Hardware. Single-axis hinges. Requirements and test methods.
- BS EN ISO 9227:2012 Corrosion tests in artificial atmospheres
We also carry out a full programme of audit testing on our products, ensuring conformity to all applicable standards. These include :
- Locking systems tested in accordance with BS EN 13126-4:2008
- Clause 7.2 Durability test grade 5 Cyclic test to 25,000 cycles (we actually test to 30,000 cycles)
- Clause 7.3 Minimum closing device resistance test
- Friction Hinges tested in accordance with BS EN 13126-6:2008
- Clause 7.7 Durability test – Cyclic test to 25,000 cycles (we actually test to 30K cycles)
- Door Hinges tested to BS EN 1935:2002 Building Hardware single axis hinges.
- Testing to BS 1670:2007 Corrosion resistance of hardware