Engineered to meet the needs of healthcare, hotels and public buildings, the High Performance Permanent Restrictor is designed to withstand sustained and deliberate attempts to force open windows, and is ideal for applications where restrictors are required to comply with and even exceed the requirements of BS EN 14351.
Developed to satisfy the demands of Health Building Note 00-10 Part D, it withstands a static load of 1000 Newtons being applied to a window for 300 seconds, well in excess of British Standard requirements. The restrictor ensures windows cannot be forced beyond a 100mm restriction, or alternatively an opening of 89mm to prevent the passage of small children. Generally fastened with security screws to prevent fastener removal, the High Performance Permanent Restrictor has a space saving telescopic design and is a concealed fixed device which cannot be overridden.
Features & Benefits
- Permanent non releasable restriction to 100mm maximum
- Space saving telescopic design
- Discreet and unobtrusive and concealed in window cavity
- Suitable for both factory and retro fit installation
- Ideal for Pvc, Aluminium, Timber and other window materials
- Stainless Steel for excellent corrosion resistance
Testing & Technical
- Made in Britain to an ISO 9001 Quality System
- Meets the requirements of BS EN 14351 Load Bearing Capacity of Safety Devices
- Designed to meet the requirements of Health Building Note 00-10 Part D
- Tested to a static load of 1000 Newtons for 5 minutes
- Enhanced testing references data of DTI ‘Strength Data for Design Safety’ document
Always check the window opening does not exceed the 100mm maximum. If a smaller opening is required position the restrictor further away from the friction hinge.
Made from Stainless Steel the High Performance Permanent Restrictor is suitable for profiles ranging from 13mm to 17mm and is non handed.
|H P Permanent Restrictor