With four solutions in one hinge the Atlas Quad provides restriction, egress and easy clean functions on a 14″ heavy duty side hung friction hinge. The restrictor is a simple, effective way of limiting the initial window opening in compliance with BS8213-1:2004 ‘ Code of Practice for Safety in Use and Cleaning’.
Windows incorporating the Quad stay also meet the requirements of BS EN 14351-1:2006 ‘Load Bearing Capacity of Safety Devices’ and BS 6375-2 ‘Performance of Windows and Doors’. The Egress position is achieved following the release of the restrictor, and easy clean is then available at the push of a button. The Quad stay is suitable for vents with a width of up to 650mm and weights up to 45kg, and is part of the heavy duty Atlas hinge family.
Features & Benefits
- Rigorously tested ( see related downloads on this page )
- 4 benefits in 1 hinge – Restriction, Heavy Duty, Egress and Easy Clean
- Restricts initial window opening ( see technical data below )
- Child resistant catch release for full opening, with automatic reset on closure
- Carries heavy weights up to 45kg
- Unique geometry provides greater clear opening for escape
- Unique geometry provides greater and more user friendly easy clean
- Simple easy clean button operation with automatic reset upon closure of the window
- Stainless Steel riveted nose cap gives strength and reliability
- 3 stage counterbore process improves resistance to wear
- Glass reinforced nylon slide eliminates breaking and wear
- 4.8mm Stainless Steel rivets improve load carrying
- Stainless construction has exceptional corrosion resistance
- Brass adjustment screw provides adjustable friction
- 10 year mechanical guarantee
Testing & Technical
- Made in Britain to an ISO 9001 Quality System
- Meets the requirements of BS EN14351 Load Bearing Capacity of Safety Devices
- Complies with BS 6375-2 : 2009 Strength and Operation Characteristics
- Complies with Building Regulations Part B: 2013 for Fire Escape
- Complies with BS 9991:2011 for Fire Escape
- Complies with BS8213-1:2004 for Easy Cleaning
- Successfully security tested with Nico Xtra Bolts as a critical component within PAS 24 : 2016
- Secured By Design Approved as a Police Preferred Specification
- Successfully cycle tested as a critical component within BS EN 6375 Pt 2 ( Resistance to repeated opening and closing )
- Successfully weather tested as a critical component within BS EN 6375 Pt 1 ( Air, wind and water testing )
- Corrosion tested to BS EN 1670 Grade 5 – 480 hours
Atlas hinges have been endurance tested with their maximum load carrying capacity to 3 times the British Standard requirement. Always refer to the ‘safe reaches for cleaning’ instructions in Approved Document K when specifying egress windows.
The Nico Atlas Quad Friction Hinge is robustly built with stainless steel construction. With 4.8mm counter bore rivet assembly, stainless nose-caps and a stainless steel reinforcing plate all Atlas hinges carry significantly greater weight than standard hinges. The asymmetric hinge geometry produces an especially smooth opening and closing action, and additional fixing holes provide increased stability.
Compliance to BS 8213 provides a minimum 95mm gap for cleaning. It is recommended that fabricators check all restricted openings to ensure they comply with Building Regulations, as vent sizes and profile variations will affect 100 mm opening.
Fitting instructions for the Quad stay are provided in the Atlas Quad pdf and the standard Friction Hinge Fitting Guide link in related downloads.
Restricted, Egress, Easy Clean, Heavy Duty
Bulk Packed in 25 singles
|Restricted Egress Easy Clean Heavy Duty
|Max. Vent Width
|Max. Vent Weight
|12° Restricted /80° Open
|Part No. Left Hand
|Part No. Right Hand
|Part No. Left Hand
|Part No Right Hand